One goal of this project is to learn and grow together, across and beyond walls, through political education and study. Because abolition might be a surprising term at first, please take a moment to read the following introductory materials on abolition:
- What Abolitionists Do, by Dan Berger, Mariame Kaba, and David Stein
- Black Liberation and the Abolition of the Prison Industrial Complex: An Interview with Rachel Herzing
- Dis-Organizing Prisons, by Stephen Wilson
- Prison Abolition Arguments Chart
- Resource Guide: Policing, Prisons, and Punishment
- Transform Harm Resource Hub
- Prison Abolition FAQ
- Dreaming Freedom, Practicing Abolition is a network of self-organized prisoner study groups in Pennsylvania that has created a zine library with many incredible resources. You can print these zines out, send them to your pen pal (depending on facility page number restrictions), read them yourself, and discuss!
- You can also download and print zines from Sprout Distro, including various zines related to prisons and abolition. They also offer zines on prisoner support and writing to people in prison.